Tuesday, June 11, 2013

GOD IS WITH YOU



God Is for You
He will rejoice over you. You will rest in his love; he will sing and be joyful about you. —Zep_3:17
God is for you. Turn to the sidelines; that's God cheering your run. Look past the finish line; that's God applauding your steps. Listen for him in the bleachers, shouting your name. Too tired to continue? He'll carry you. Too discouraged to fight? He's picking you up. God is for you.
God is for you. Had he a calendar, your birthday would be circled. If he drove a car, your name would be on his bumper. If there's a tree in heaven, he's carved your name in the bark…
In the Grip of Grace - Max Lucado

I have read this many times.  I'm blessed each time I'm reminded how much God loves me and that He's for me!  We all need reminding from time to time of how much support we have from the One Who created us in His image and after His likeness.  Oh how He loves you and me!

 Zep 3:16  In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
Zep 3:17  The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy;He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing.


In the midst of all of our circumstances we will find that God is with us.  He is saying to those that fear Him and love Him, "fear not" and "do not let your hands be slack."  Whatever the Lord has spoken to you to do, get going.  Don't be slack and don't grow weary in well doing.  As you stretch forth your hands in obedience to the Lord He is always with you!   He's in your midst and He is mighty.  Whatever comes your way He has promised to save.  We may get anxious or uncertain when we can't see the end, but remember God knows and sees the end from the beginning.  When He calls you to do something for Him He has it worked out!  This is why it's so important to KNOW that God loves you!  and then you love Him back!  When you love Him you will trust Him.  As we allow God to be with us He will give us joy unspeakable!

 Zephaniah points out that joy results when we allow God to be with us. We do that by faithfully following him and obeying his commands. Then God rejoices over us with singing. If you want to be happy, draw close to the source of happiness by obeying God.  He will rest in His love and as He rest we can rest, glory hallelujah!!!!  Be joyful in the Lord for He joys over you and I with singing.  When the road gets rough or when you just need to hear a different melody, get quiet, listen........... hear Him singing?  That's your song.  

Pray:  Lord, how precious are your promises to me.  As I pray I can feel You near me.  I desire to obey You and keep Your commands.  I desire to follow Your plan for my life.  I'm drawing close to You right now Lord.  I know that You are with me.  I love You and I receive Your love.  Here's my heart, my mind, my soul and my strength.  I give you my all.  I refuse to hold on to the past and hold myself captive.  In You I'm made FREE!  In Jesus' Name Amen!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment