Tuesday, January 19, 2016

God's Settled Word

Do you find yourself pondering the thought "how should I walk as a christian?"  So many roads to travel.  Numerous road signs to follow.  Hills to climb, valleys to crossover.  David in Psalms 119 had those thoughts and questions.  He stumbled, fell and got back up.  In his search for the road to eternal life he made many blunders.  Simply put, he sinned.  Through David's experiences he learned a great lesson.  He learned to repent and to continue to seek God with all his heart.

Here are a few finds from David's experiences in Psalms 119.  He understood that God was the One Who could help him.  Psalms  119:173 "Let Your hand become my help for I have chosen Your precepts."  David had positioned himself for the power of God by knowing what His Word says, obeying His Word and believing God to be a God of action and faithful to His covenant.  David delighted himself in the law of the Lord.  He asked that God let his soul live that he may praise Him.  David cried out to a God that he knew he needed and could trust because he wanted so much to know how to live.  Psalms 119:175 "And let Your Judgements  help me."  Guide me as I walk this journey of life as Your servant.  He confesses that he has gone astray like a lost sheep, find me for I have not forgotten Your Commandments Psalms 119:176.  David understood that apart from God he could do absolutely NOTHING!

I'm reminded of a verse in a song, "I can't even walk, without You holding my hand."  Have you recognized how dependent you are on God?  Wherever you are on your journey of life when you feel helpless, hopeless or just in need of refreshing remember David.  Remember that you too can call on God and in His faithfulness to His children He will recognize your voice and say, "where art thou?"  Our answers to life are found in His Word, testimonies, statutes, precepts, commandments and law.  Within His Word you can receive truth, justice, purity, mercy, and grace.  You can have everything you need pertaining to life and godliness to help you on this lifelong journey as a servant of God.  God's Word is settled, you can be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment