Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What A Friend

Looking for a friend?  A true friend?  Someone you can trust with your life?  Many of us have been disappointed in friendships and find it hard to trust those who reach out to us.  There are still good friends and enough to go around.  We can learn to trust again when we realize that there is someone Who offers intimate and unfailing friendship to all who trust and reverence Him.

Psa 25:1  Of David. To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
Psa 25:2  in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
Psa 25:3  No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.
Psa 25:4  Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
Psa 25:5  guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psa 25:6  Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.
Psa 25:7  Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.
Psa 25:8  Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
Psa 25:9  He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
Psa 25:10  All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant.
Psa 25:11  For the sake of your name, O LORD, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.
Psa 25:12  Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.
Psa 25:13  He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land.
Psa 25:14  The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
Psa 25:15  My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.
Psa 25:16  Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.
Psa 25:17  The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish.
Psa 25:18  Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.
Psa 25:19  See how my enemies have increased and how fiercely they hate me!
Psa 25:20  Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
Psa 25:21  May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.
Psa 25:22  Redeem Israel, O God, from all their troubles!


In John 15:15 Jesus calls us friends.  Having a friend in Jesus is priceless!  He confides in those who fear him; He makes His covenant known to us.  We can confide in Him and feel safe and secure.  He will guide His friends in what is right.  All of His ways are loving and faithful.  And becoming a friend of Jesus will help to connect us to the true friends that He has already chosen for us.  Isn't He the GREATEST!!!!

Prayer:  Lord, thank you for calling me your friend and teaching me what it means to be a friend and to have a friend.  I will confide in You and trust You to guide me in the way that is right.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment