Thursday, February 28, 2013

Soul Food

Soul Food.  Collards greens, black eyed peas, corn bread, pork chop, fried chicken, neck bones, pinto beans, macaroni pie, rice and gravy, fried corn, sweet potato pie, turnip greens - soul food.  I grew up eating soul food and at that time we ate soul food everyday.  I still get those cravings for soul food now and I occasionally will cook a meal.  I have found that in my present state of watching my weight and trying to eat healthy I have to modify my cooking making adjustments in my seasoning.  When I choose not to modify and just cook and eat like moma and daddy did,  I must eat in moderation.  Oh the good old days.  The days when I was a child and I could just eat and drink with no limitations taking no thought of what I was doing.  Just eat until I had my fill.  As we change we must be willing to make changes in our ways.  With adjustments we can continue to enjoy soul food.

Gospel soul food

Isa 55:1  Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Isa 55:2  Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
Isa 55:3  Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

 There is food for our souls that is free range!  What a loving and faithful God we serve.  God supplies all of our needs according to His riches in glory!  Food for our souls that is free.  Food for our souls that is easily accessed within the BIBLE.  There is always an abundance.  Never any food shortages with God.  The word of God has all of the soul food we need.  There are no limitations, no cautions, no worries.   All we have to do is receive what He has prepared for us.  Do not refuse the gospel soul food for it is necessary for LIFE.  If we refuse to eat food for our physical bodies we will eventually starve to death.  So must we part take of God's spiritual food so that our souls will not perish.  Just come and buy without money and without price.  Eat that which is good and let your soul delight itself in fatness!  The salvation of the Lord is FREE and it is for everyone who will receive.  What a friend we have in Jesus! 

Mat 5:6  Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 

Yes we can be filled with soul food.......... the word of God!

Prayer:  Lord make me aware of your provision for my soul.  Bless me to come and receive all that you have made available to me.  I'm thankful that my soul delights in you.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment